Established in 1997, Persia Educational Foundation is a non-governmental UK-registered charity. Its mission is to promote education and advancement of Persian-speaking communities worldwide. It provides knowledge and means to our partners and co-workers in order to encourage open and connected education leading to self-sufficiency and independence.
Persia’s primary target among this population are women and girls. Persia advances that:
- Only through education individuals and communities can reach their actual and true potential while protecting their rich heritage.
- Women, as mothers and first educators of the next generation, offer greater potential to impact the community.
- Promoting and accessing education and training is a universal right and key to achieving Agenda 2030.
- Education and advancement of women and girls is the key to establishing a culture of peace and prosperity.
The Foundation is comprised of the following bodies:
- Board of Trustees who oversee the overall development of the Foundation in accordance with UK charity laws. The board meets twice a year.
- Core Team, which is composed of its London-based Trustees and Executive Director. The Core Team meets on a bi-monthly basis.
- Staff, Consultants and Volunteers. Persia is managed by its Executive Director on a daily basis. It also benefits from a media consultant, two education consultants and three cohorts of volunteers each year. Persia also benefits from a range of ad hoc panels, task forces and committees. Persia’s financial matters are administered by an accountant and independent auditor in association with its Treasurer and Secretary.