Abdolreza Ansari Scholarship Fund
In honour of one of Persia Educational Foundation’s founding trustees, earlier this year, the foundation established the Abdolreza Ansari Scholarship.
It was Mr Ansari’s fervent belief that investing in youth education would further global prosperity.
Persia is now pleased to accept applications for the scholarship. Those interested and eligible to apply are invited to submit their application package to [email protected] by Monday, 15 November 2021.
The inaugural scholarship will be awarded on 10 December 2021, marking Human Rights Day and the first anniversary of Mr Ansari’s passing.
Requirements and Eligibility
The scholarship is designed to support the education of students of Iranian descent, of any age or citizenship, enrolled in a Master or Doctorate programme in human rights or public service at an internationally accredited university in the UK or beyond.
The applicant needs to present a record of accomplishment in public service or human rights. Applicants must also demonstrate how the pursuit of higher education will allow them to have a more significant impact in their chosen field.
The scholarship is a total of GBP 1500 per year. Eligible applicants are encouraged to submit their application for the 2022-2023 academic year to Persia Educational Foundation by 5:00 pm GMT on Monday, 15 November 2021. Following review and consultation by an independent panel, the scholarship results will be announced on 10 December 2021.
All interested applicants must:
- Submit a complete copy of the application
- Be enrolled at an accredited Master or Doctorate programme
- Provide a copy of their transcripts
- Possess and maintain an honours/2:1/first class degree
- Provide two academic references demonstrating academic excellence and financial need
- Be of Iranian descent
- Demonstrate a record of accomplishment in public service or human rights
- Demonstrate how the pursuit of a higher education will allow them to have a more significant impact in their field of public service or human rights
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a previous professor and one from an organisation where they have worked on public service or human rights issues
In addition to those interested in supporting Iranian descent students in the UK, scholarship awardees are also highly encouraged to contribute to this Fund following their successful graduation and securing employment.
To donate to the Abdolreza Ansari Scholarship fund, please visit our online fundraising website.
UK tax residents are invited to fill in a Gift Aid form .